Thursday, January 21, 2010

Learning about MTB/ATB Bicycle

Riding a bicycle is enjoyable, but to experience the real enjoyment about a bicycle, I need to dig deep acquiring  tips and knowledge about a bicycle. After I reads about bicycle at web-pages, especially in  Wikipedia, I began to appreciate more about my bicycle.

My bicycle brand is Raleigh Elite Disc Trail Alloy Series.  My Raleigh which I bought is made in China, and a quality one, beside it is  cheaper then European or American made. I think the quality is on par with the European and the American  made.


This is the details about my ATB Trail bicycle

 
This my ATB bicycle, a Raleigh Trail Series made from Alloy.



An easy handling of the rear cog-set and a disc brake (TEKFRO XOH)



The front disc brake.



A 12 speed Shimano Deore rear derailleur.


The Shimano Deore  front derailleur, and the red plastic ring
to prevent the chain from spoiling the paint of the chain stay arms.

 
The adjustable SR Suntour XCM V2 shock absorber.

 
 The Shimano Deore derailleur gear adjuster control and the CAT EYE meter
which can record the speed, the mileage, the heartbeat plus the amount of calories burn.

 
The Energizer front light.

 
Water bottle carrier.

 
A wonderful Zefal Parts as a carrier at the rear.

 
A blinking lead rear light.

I'm still not satisfied with my ATB bicycle and I'm going to up-grade it to a better mechanism especially about the derailleur speed gear and the saddle. But for now, I am enjoying my ride with my bicycle. I'm also trying to learn more about DIY to maintained my bicycle.



No comments: