Monday, July 13, 2009

The Old went to school again...IPGM Campus Rajang

This year I'm one of the selected teachers to pursue a PE course at IPGM(Malaysian Institute of Teachers Education) Campus Rajang. How interesting to experience teachers studying again with our hair already turning gray or some are already bald. We are all students doing our first degree course after years of experience teaching. Like me, I have spend almost 20 years in teaching profession. To study and learn again,...its a wonderful experience.We will spend four years to complete our degree course, approximately for 135 credits hour. Its tiring though, because we have to attain our lecturing during our school holidays. No school holidays for four years.
For me, this opportunity which is given to me by our Education Ministry is a big leap for me to purse deeper into teaching profession. I feel honored indeed as I'm one of the lucky teacher in Malaysia that is given this opportunity.The only thing that plays around my mind, can I cope up with the twice or triple work load for this four years period.
Hopefully with this wonderful program implemented by our Education Ministry will inspire more teachers, especially in Malaysia to strive and to give the their best in educating our young eager generation.
I like sports, and I would say PE (Physical Education) is one interesting subject to teach. Its a real challenge to teach PE in Malaysian School by the way our Malaysian community environment see PE now a days. I can't blame the cause why PE is seen as a subject that doesn't give any benefit or important impact to our Malaysian culture. It start and should start from the Education Ministry itself to change the culture in implementing PE in schools, and if not, until the year 2020, PE will still be the same as it is now or before.
Malaysian sport as a whole is in a shabby shape. Many good program is implemented, but none really succeed achieving it desired targets. The question stuck here, why? To me, above all, no matter what, we need the parents support in achieving our targeted marks, or to say our new KPI ( Key Performances Index) which is lauded now by our ministers. All the effort should starts from school, foremost the parents support should be gain. If not, PE will still be a second class subject in all Malaysian school.

No comments: